Sunday, March 29, 2009

No photos, Just Jollibee delivery

I'd rather go out to a restaurant or cafe to have a meal than have food delivered to my house. I enjoy meals that are hot - it may not necessarily be just recently cooked but, for as long as it is served warm and calling, I'd be one happy tummy.

With the advent of technology, people (including me) have been given countless options in their food purchases, leaving them more time for themselves, for doing something else other than cooking (you know, more time with the kids, blah blah blah). Anyhow, I specifically am referring to food deliveries, which to my amazement, have just recently tested.

Family Day
I was being good ol' mom to my children one weekend when we as a family had to attend an event at the La Mesa Ecopark and were prescribed to bring lunch for the family to consume. No, it is not potluck per se, just bring your own "baon" to keep engines running and keep the children nourished enough to run wild, climb high and enjoy what the park wants to offer.

Time was not on my side that weekend though, so, working mom that I am, there was nothing, nothing readily edible at my ref - nothing. My choices? Drive through or take out.

Interestingly, we were all so excited (and so late) during that trip that we decided to just hope for the best and buy our meals in the park. Big mistake. The park had a few food stalls selling grilled hotdogs, barbecues, chips and that particular weekend, it was packed - as if all of Metro Manila decided to suddenly be one with nature.

Dial 8-7000
My dear sister therefore had a brilliant idea of calling Jollibee for delivery. I, on the other hand, had my doubts. How big is this eco park and how can Jollibee possibly find us here? In fact, I don't think they'll accept our order with no specific room/address (remember, we were "kind of" in the wild).

We called 8-7000 and mentioned where we were. We had to be very clear on that since we didn't want to wait forever for our meals - I personally would rather line up for the grilled TJ hotdogs - but was surprised to hear that they are ready to take the orders.


The guy in Red
An hour later, still with no Jollibee in sight, we were back in the program, the children and parents doing all these ridiculous (okay, fun) games with the teachers. The whole time I was thinking, "Oh well, we tried. I guess they're not coming."

Lo and behold, this uniformed guy comes with his insulated bag and apologizes for the delay. He rattles on about how far the parking is, shares with us how he almost gave up looking for us and goes through the motion of enumerating the items. There was relief in his voice too. I believe that for every failed effort, it is the rider who shoulders the cost. We settle the bill and off he goes.

While enjoying our burgers, spaghetti, chicken, bangus and palabok, we all agreed that Jollibee delivery deserves a post here.

Have you got a Jollibee delivery story?

No comments:

Post a Comment