Thursday, April 24, 2008

Diet, Ho Hum






A week ago, I vowed to finally start anew and commit to eating healthy. I knew I needed to lose weight. I was faced with the realization of losing weight just recently, with our annual Physical Exam in the office being due, I had no excuse but to face my fears and read with my own eyes the weight I wear now.

And so, being overweight bordering obesity, with much conviction, I prepared my food journal and planned to list all my consumption, from the littlest of mints to cups of rice.

To this day, the journal is blank. I failed. On the first day of my so called mission, I was invited to dinner with a much respected culinary expert who hosted dinner with some of our marketing people. To think that the meal was composed of mostly seafood, I couldn't resist. We had dinner at Crustacia in the Podium Mall, Ortigas and we were happy to discover that they have revised their menu offerings, with flavors much better than the last time I was there - over a year ago.



Chili garlic crabs, baked oysters, grilled spareribs, roasted chicken, seafood salpicao, and of course, their vietnamese coffee complete with condensed milk, whew, bye bye diet!

So, after that fateful day of frustration and fulfillment (burp), I was determined never to fall again and really stick to my plan. I started the following day with a very light breakfast of ripe mangoes and coffee. Lunch brought me to Serendra with some officemates due to an official business. As such, the row of restos beckoned and brought us to one of my favorite places - Conti's.



Forget the diet - I indulged. Mango bravo cake, Turtle pie, Chicken teriyaki, brewed coffee. Just like their first outlet in BF Paranaque, this establishment never fails to delight customers like me with their home-style cooked meals and rich and painfully delicious desserts.

There goes my diet.

This is bad, really bad.

Luckily, results of my annual PE came out normal.

1 comment:

  1. girl, this real yummy - no wonder you couldn't resist!

    ReplyDelete