Tuesday, October 23, 2007

It's Halloween!






I've never seen such cute little wickeds like I did yesterday. My son's halloween costume party in the small school was such an anticipated event and sure enough, the kids came well prepared. Thanks to the parents of these kids (and their investments too, am sure the costumes didn't come cheap), little fairies, princesses, devils and counts happily flaunted their attires with utter gusto.

My boys were clad in their black ninja and master-of-the-shadows costumes. My youngest felt that he was a real ninja and was ready to strike anybody who dared to challenge him anytime. My eldest however was still the kind hearted one indeed, despite the drab-looking master of the shadows costume he absolutely disliked - he was saying that it looked like it was a girl's costume given that it was one dark, long frock similar to that of priests with a funny hat.

I was however, still able to let them wear the costumes, and me being a "stage mom" forever had to control myself from crying, realizing that my little ones are getting older as I type. Armed with my digicam, and glaring at my husband for not re-charging the batteries for the event, I had to wait until we get the c-store to get new batteries and document these precious moments.

I was very impressed with the preparations of the teachers for the event. The classrooms were decorated with webs, jack-o-lanterns, spiders and other scary paraphernalia. Decors of orange, purple and black were all over the place. The teachers were also in their signature halloween styles - a pirate, an angel, a witch, a mouse. If I didn't have work, I would have come in a costume myself - guess what? A chef, hehehe.

To me, the food of course is the highlight of any party, and sure enough, the teachers did a really good job preparing it. In fact, my kids have been talking about it in anticipation, a few days prior to the event. They are still talking about it now and can't get over the "blood juice", "spider cookies", "pizza mummies" and "eyeball munchkins". The centerpiece was the "choco-mud fountain (chocolate fountain) with ghost mallows". If you are planning your own party, be creative with your preparations. Like how the teachers made their party food, they utilized readily available items (in fact, almost all are ready to eat), but was presented in a very unique and fun way. Check out mygreatfood.com for more halloween food ideas. Keep in mind however that anything for the kids should be prepared in the most safe way and prevent the choking hazards please.

Enjoy trick or treating!
Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment