Monday, October 1, 2007

Let's Party!

I wasn't necessarily proud of how I prepared for my son's school birthday party last year. Everything was last minute and I wasn't even there to celebrate it with him. This year, I vowed to make up for it and make it extra special.

The Party Planner
I focused my energies in basically coordinating with suppliers and making sure that everything is ready on that special day. Parties do not mean that you would have to do everything by yourself. No need to do it all by yourself that come party time, you are so stressed you did not even enjoy it yourself. Trust your suppliers. Get referrals from friends. Get help from relatives and friends. This surely is a handy tip for working parents like me.

Books for Less
Given that my kids are starting to learn how to read, I personally chose books to provide as give-aways for the kids, a welcome change from the usual candies, small toys and knick-knacks other parties would usually have. The mall is not the only place to get these things - try the tiangge's around - like me, I was able to get the books at 50% discount. Great bargain indeed!

Kiddie Menu
Of course, the menu I chose still had the usual party fare - chicken, pasta and cake for the kids. The menu should always be age appropriate and safe. No choking hazards please. I opted to just have reliable suppliers prepare the food for me. No sense in slaving over these when you can get quality food items minus the hassle. Check out the more popular and established restaurants to ensure food quality and safety.

French Kiss
The cake being the centerpiece in any kid's party, I was happy to discover through a friend French Kiss Pastries. They are actually a dessert commissary run by a group of friends and accepts orders for desserts and specialty cakes that you could think of. Reasonably priced, I ordered cupcakes for my son's party, as well as a 5 inch cake to be placed on a cupcake tower which you can lease from them. My son loving everything about the characters "Cars" and "Thomas the train", the cake with its pretty character toppers was a welcome treat and made us all excited.



The 5-inch cake



The cupcakes come in chocolate, vanilla and lemon flavors. I personally prefer the vanilla chiffon. The frosting they use is a buttercream one and turned out with just the right sweetness that'll make you ask for more.


Cupcake Tower

Did the kids love it or leave it?

Check out these photos and find out for yourself.






YumYum!

Thanks to my son's teachers, the party was a hit. They were the one's who facilitated the games and up until now, how I wish I have their energies in patiently handling all these kids at one time - imagine 35 kids in a party - gosh!



Pull!

Party on!

No comments:

Post a Comment