Monday, September 15, 2008

Discover Volare




Volare Pizza - my new favorite!


After a photo shoot in the Greenhills area, a few colleagues and I decided to check out Volare, an italian restaurant that is currently run and owned by Chef Giorgio who used to be the Chef-consultant of Amici De Don Bosco. Volare is situated in the Araneta Center and if you are like me who is from the south, this trip may pose as too far for you. I can tell you though that the trip will be worth all your effort once you discover his food.


Porcini Mushroom Risotto


I was never a fan of risotto, but after trying his porcini mushroom risotto, I am now a convert. The delicate balance of white wine and the earthiness of the mushrooms, complemented by the tanginess of the parmesan cheese makes this dish a winner. I will never look at risotto the same way again.


Seafood Pasta


The seafood pasta with clams, mussels and prawns in pomodoro sauce is beyond expectations. Using real seafood stock, the pasta is worth every peso.
Not to be missed is the rustic style, freshly-made thin crust pizza. We ordere the volare pizza with salmon, anchovies and basil. I have to tell you, I adore anchovies on pizza. Perfect, perfect, perfect.

We were all so happy with our savory dishes that we couldn't leave without trying the dessert. The tiramisu brought a wonderful finish to our meals - not too sweet, not too syrupy.


Volare's Tiramisu - perfect to cap off a meal

And with a perfect cup of Cafe Americano, what else could you ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment