Sunday, September 6, 2009

Coffee and Tea



Despite all the marketing hype on which one's the best - coffee or tea, I personally believe that the two are in their own league and should not, in any way, be pitted against each other.

Don't get me wrong, I love both. Coffee is my "perk me up" drink while tea is what I consider my "reward" drink. Reason being is that, I take both in certain times of the day; coffee being at the beginning of a more often than not busy & stressful day; while my tea is enjoyed towards the end of that long busy day - a sort of reward to myself for making it through in one piece.

Coffee Addict
A wonderful take on serving coffee I have found recently with two establishments; the French Baker in SM Malls and Chelsea at the Fort. French Baker serves fine Italian freshly brewed coffee at such reasonable prices. What's also interesting is that, the cup of coffee comes with a glass of cold water infused with lemon and a small piece of either a cookie or pastry. My last visit was kind of in a rush, but they gladly packed my coffee to go in a disposable cup held by a sturdy box for easier transport.


Chelsea's Coffee with Choc Nut

While coffee is served practically everywhere, I was truly in awe when I ordered mine at Chelsea, for theirs is a Pinoy's treat of freshly brewed coffee with Choc Nut candy.

Coffee Condiments

This is served as part of their tray of sugar, milk or cream. Now I have seen chocolates and after dinner mints served with coffee, but never with Choc nut - try mixing it with your coffee, it is interestingly new - and good. I practically hoarded the candy jar but was able to control myself, thank goodness.

Tea-riffic!
While I am a relatively new tea consumer, I started with the traditional warm tea preparations. Warm green tea, cammomile and lemon-mint are my favorites. This changed however, when I finally tried ice cold milk teas. Now I am forever drawn. Nai cha of Chowking served with crushed ice is something that I regularly take when I visit this famous Chinese fastfood. Complete with coffee jelly, it is both a drink and a dessert.

Kopi Roti's Tea Tarik & Kaya French Toast


The Tea Tarik of Kopi Roti is another iced milk tea that I enjoy. Fancy the manner of preparing it - complete with the exhibition of pouring the milk from pot to pot the way the Malays do - this practice is said to enhance the creaminess of the preparation.

Side Trip

Now if you are the type who brew your own coffee or prepare your own tea, nothing beats enjoying this cup with something sweet.

Cadbury Snaps

A recent visit to Duty free presented us with a wonderful chocolate treat of fine very thin sheets of chocolate that is, Cadbury Snaps in milk, orange and mint flavors. Imagine having chocolate in a Pringles format. This one's absolute heaven. Enjoy it with your fresh cup!

Drink your coffee. Drink your tea. Whatever works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment