Saturday, September 5, 2009

Soothing & Comforting at Fely J's





When I just feel super lazy to cook in this wet and damp weather, I eat out and would normally opt for a meal that will give me sensible pleasures of the senses. Nothing beats comfort food on a rainy day. And when we talk about comfort food, the first thing that comes to mind naturally is one that has given you such memorable experiences, perhaps it was a dish specially prepared for you by your mom, or a pasalubong that lola would traditionally provide.

On a rainy day, I found myself at Fely J's in Greenbelt. Here, familiar dishes are offered, Filipino fare that is neither intimidating nor tweaked to provide (con)fusion. It is straightforward, simple cuisine, given a unique touch of no-nonsense presentation that will entice you even more.

I have such high standards for Kare-Kare - my mother-in-law's version being my ultimate benchmark, the kind that takes hours to cook - anyhow, at Fely J's, the standards have been met. With its rich peanut-laced sauce in achuete color, and its soft melt in your mouth ox tail and tripe, I will go back to this place just for this dish.

Fely J's Chicken Inasal


The Chicken Inasal comes in quarters, but is more pale in comparison to what I have tried in Bacolod. Though flavorful, its texture may still be improved.

Pako Salad



The Pako (Fern) Salad is served with a light vinaigrette and salted eggs. It is a wonderful healthy treat for those who love salads minus the extra calories coming from its rich mayo-based dressing counterparts. Indeed, this hearty and fiber-rich preparation is a fabulous Tagala-inspired salad.


Leche Flan, Single Serve


To cap off our meal, Leche Flan and Sansrival, my all-time sweet favorites were ordered. Should you wish for light, bubbly flan, this one's for you. If you like chewy meringue in your Sansrival (which I do), order this if you don't mind the added sugar.
Sansrival Slice



Fancy drinks are also available. I was in cloud nine when I learned that they also offer Cucumber shake. This is, as I should say, my comfort drink. Comforting and fabulously refreshing, this is hands-down, a winner.

Cucumber Shake & Felijini



Now with this type of food, I wouldn't mind eating out despite the weather...

No comments:

Post a Comment