Saturday, January 19, 2008

Bittersweet Endings

I am a sucker for desserts and coffee and a meal to me is never complete without both. After a filling lunch, I just had to try Classic Confections in Greenbelt 5. With its interiors in pastel blue, it provided a relaxing place for people to enjoy a cup of real good coffee paired with a dessert just as good.


Because I love anything chocolate, I ordered Chocolate Oblivion and Cafe Americano for both hubby and I. As soon as our order arrives, we were in ecstasy. The cake, similar to a chocolate truffle cake was bittersweet, and delicately melts in your mouth.



The coffee was perfect - served in a fancy white cup with a mini (and pretty!) sugar cookie - it was the ideal partner to our rich and sinful dessert. Aside from warm beverages, cold concoctions are also available.


With a tag less than Php300, Classic confections is an affordable indulgence. The cakes offered are familiar, though I have yet to try them, they come in minis and family sizes. Aside from cakes, also offered are cookies, bars and cakes in loaf format.

No comments:

Post a Comment