Monday, October 20, 2008

Cebu, beyond danggit and dried mangoes

A recent trip to Cebu was again an excuse to binge.  Cebu is one destination foodies like me will always appreciate - from the pungent danggit and squid to the chewy and irresistably sweet fresh and dried mangoes they offer, one's purse is sure to be affected with all the city has to offer.Beyond Leona's which is one bakeshop I always unfailingly visit when there, the Lechon of CNT is also another popular food item item for the taking.  Though some may find the lechon too salty, it is for me, the best Lechon ever.BAKED SCALLOPS

In this recent visit, I got the chance to visit the North WIng of SM and boy, was I very impressed, as it could really compete with malls outside the country.  It actually reminded me of some of the malls I've seen in Bangkok during a recent visit.<SINUGLAW



SIZZLING SWEET AND SPICY EGGPLANT

On the 2nd floor of this mall, I got the chance to enjoy Filipino food with my team in Chikaan, a restaurant offering among others, grilled fish and sinuglaw (inihaw na liempo (sugba) & kinilaw na tuna in one dish).  Sarap.


Pasalubong was one quick stop at Shamrock which offers otap, rosquillos, turrones and more dried mangoes.  With my Angel cake from Leonas, I found myself bringing more items back to Manila than ever before.  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment