Saturday, January 3, 2009

Our Subic holiday









I'm not really fond of pets and zoos. Maybe it is the one thing weird about me - being maternal and all, I, of all people should love having pets around - but no - I see no point in adding to my burdens and raising more children - and pets, for that matter. But really, I just don't have the patience. Which brings me to my point which is , that I am also surprised that I personally chose Subic to be our holiday destination. I wanted to give the kids a more personal interaction with animals, so that, unlike me, they would have better appreciation of these creatures, even the wild ones.

Zoobic Safari turned out to be interesting not only for them but for me as well. I have never been to a more interactive zoo before - I believe the only zoo I've been in was the very old Manila zoo, and a couple of years ago, the Avilon zoo. The one in Subic tops them all. The highlight of the trip is the crocodile farm and the tiger tour, you know, you get locked up in a jeep and enter the glorious kingdom (well, more like gated garden) of the tigers, and well, hope for the best. Really amazing.

Beyond Zoobic Safari though, our Subic escape will not be complete without a visit to the beach. We opted to take the ferry to Grande Island and while the boys enjoyed the surf and sand, I went for the Swedish massage in their spa.

Prior to going home, a visit to its duty free shops is a must - this is the only place in the Philippines where I could find M&M's peanut butter, my super favorite and so, I have the ultimate excuse for hoarding it, burp...

Another Subic discovery - Subic Holiday Villas. Located near Argaunaut and Rizal Avenue, it is the perfect venue for travellers with young children. With rooms spacious and fully furnished (mind you, it even has a kitchenette complete with a microwave oven & water kettle), you will love staying in this hotel which also boasts of its beautiful swimming pool. If you don't mind being away from the crazy and loud nightlife (it is about a few minutes drive from Boardwalk), stay in this hotel.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment