Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sampling SM Mega's The Atrium


I love December. Notwithstanding the Christmas rush, I love this month because of the sudden changes it brings - the weather with its cooler breeze, the people - as if their surprisingly influenced by the good fairy god mother - everyone's much nicer, the festivities - it is my ultimate excuse to binge and just worry about later.

It is also the time to get together and meet up with friends - old and new while enjoyings feasts of food we labored on or just brought from somewhere. Needless to say, December is every foodies' glorious month.

I was fortunate to try quite a few establishments during the season, some old, others new. So if you could see me now, well, I have an excuse for my weight issues, but seriously, I don't care!

SM Megamall has opened its new Atrium wing. The site has opened a few new restos, some of which I have featured in the past. Here are some samplings.

Curry Curry House is a thematic concept and serves Japanese inspired rice meals using various meats, revolving around the use of sauces.


Curry House Bento Meal

During my visit, I tried the bento meal complete with a miso soup, a green salad, tofu steak, breaded beef in curry sauce and sliced oranges. It was a sumo meal and real value for money. What I particularly liked was the tofu steak (I've always been a fan!) and found the curry sauce (I got the spicy) just right - not too hot nor too pungent, as some curry sauces really turn me off.


Tiramisu by Amici


Brazo De Mercedes by Amici

Amici was where I had dessert. Because we were a party of two, we took advantage and ignored the calories. Brazo de mercedes, Tiramisu and White Choco Cream Puff. As featured in my previous posts, the first two desserts did not fail me. I adore these two since it has been consistent - delicately flavored and the sweetness is just right.


White Choco Cream Puff

The cream puffs they served were 2 kinds, one coated with dark choco and the other with white choco. Pretty and huge, we opted for the white one but was quite disappointed with the pastry cream. All these were enjoyed with a fragrant cup of Italian coffee. Sarap!


Thin Crust Pizza at Gotti's


Gambas by Gotti

Right above Amici, and I mean literally (up on the next floor), you will find Gotti, another Italian inspired resto that serves my preferred thin-crusted pizzas, antipasto, pasta and desserts. Dad and I during our lunch date ordered "the pizza with the anchovies", as Dad put it while I wanted the Shrimp starter, or "Gambas" to us pinoys. We also had soup and found the servings quite generous, you could actually split it. The pizza was perfect, crisp, thin, with just the right amount of toppings, every bite explodes wonderfully. Our gambas was cooked just right - still crisp and juicy with no fishy aftertaste. We didn't have time to try the dessert, I believe they have some pastries and I saw a fried ice cream, but that's good, as it gives us a reason to go back.


Combo Meal at Sizzling Pepper


Rice Meal at Sizzling Pepper

Sizzling Pepper is another resto concept found at the Atrium. I have tried a similar concept to this at the Rockwell mall but have found the one at the Atrium to be more reasonably priced.
I call this the hi-end "Sizzling Plate" as it actually is that, a more premium sizzling resto concept wherein you have a hot plate set in front of you with a meat that is practically raw and you'd have to stir it around to cook it. My Dad frowns at this idea and argues - "I am paying for this meal,why do I have to cook it?" He has a point.


Ebi Fry At Sizzling Pepper


Green Salad with Grapes at Sizzling Pepper

Anyhow, this one does not serve only the sizzling items but more - soup, salad and Ebi Fry, which we've tried. Be ready to notice that you will "smell" afterwards though. You might want to consider that when you are on a date.

2 comments:

  1. grabeh! katakam-takam naman lahat yan! -- emy =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ate!!! anu ba yung white choco cream puff!!! Ok lang na tumaas sugar ko, tikman ko lang yun! Brrr....

    ReplyDelete